AUTHOR: Sorin GEACU, Constantin LOGHIN
FROM THE HISTORY OF THE FOREST MANAGEMENT IN THE SOUTH-EAST OF MOLDAVIA – GRIVIŢA FOREST RANGE
Danubius, XXIV, Galaţi, 2006, pp. 139-152.
Founded during the late XIX-th century, Griviţa Forest Range had its first offices located within the premises of Adam Monastery. The Range was later renamed “Odaia Bursucani” and, in the 20ies, received the name of “Griviţa”, the homonym of the respective county-seat. Although its offices were situated on the territory of Vaslui County, the Range itself fell under the administration of Galaţi Forestry Direction. The paper provides information and original documents regarding the situation of this Range at the end of the XIX-th century and during the first four decades of the XX-th. The documents refer to its administrative forestry structure, employees, condition of the forests and of the buildings, the distribution of timber, forest management works and forest nurseries. Griviţa Forest Range is the oldest in South-East Moldavia and, noteworthy, it is currently hosted in the most peculiar forest range building raised by the Autonomous State Forests House, in 1893.